Terraces attorneys threaten the City with lawsuits BUT….
These five items below are the real threats to the City:
- Terraces wildfire and traffic evacuation delays would threaten lives for all those anywhere near Pleasant Hill Road north of Highway 24.
- Terraces violates local and regional policy, and state law in regard to traffic impacts, wildfire risk and evacuation, air pollution, noise pollution, wildlife species, grasses and trees.
- Terraces EIR Addendum is not compliant with the City General Plan nor with State Law.
- The City’s Planning Commission Terraces-related meetings violate the State’s Brown Act.
- This project, if approved, could remove lawsuits/referenda as protections against other housing development projects anywhere in Lafayette.
Mayor Anderson acknowledged just three months ago that Lafayette need local local jobs (short about 600) and local businesses, not more housing (Lamorinda Weekly 3/18/20). Lafayette has already met its State Housing Element requirement through 2022.
Please read the documents below to learn more
Roadmap for Denial – 06/10/2020
City Can Deny the project – 05/18/2020
Traffic Study Significant issues – 05/17/2020
“City Attorney’s Mistaken Advice” – 05/14/2020